Everyone and their grandmother’s in a rush to get where they wanna go these days — whether we’re driving to the airport or surfing to a website, nobody likes to feel like their time is being wasted. We’re a generation of GO GO GOers, amirite?
So when it comes to your website, you gotta make it fast — so peeps can fall in love with you and your services instead of clicking away mid-eyeroll cuz shit ain’t loading.
You’ve got 3 seconds to woo people before they click away. And I’m gonna help you harness that opportunity to get more clients and subscribers in the door.
Here are 3 tips to speed up your website ASAP
- Choose a fast hosting provider, like Liquid Web or Siteground. Horrible ones for WordPress include GoDaddy, Bluehost, Hostgator, and Dreamhost.
- Minimize your plugin use: The more plugins you have, the slower your website and the higher your chance of glitches when doing updates. So delete any plugins you aren’t using, that you don’t need, or that duplicate functions already covered by another plugin(s).
- Use a caching plugin like W3 Total Cache. Caching is the fastest way to improve performance and make your website load faster for your peeps.
Watch this video for more details:
My Be Your Own WordPress Superhero Course (on easy peasy DIY website maintenance) has a new lesson on website speed. It covers:
- How to know what exactly is slowing your site down
- Which exact plugins are weighing down your website (so you can replace them)
- How to configure the W3 Total Cache plugin
- How to measure the loading speed before and after you take these steps to measure your progress in actual seconds
All to make your website load super fast.
The course also has some rad bonuses, including how to set up a custom landing page (a.k.a. squeeze page for your webinar, course, etc.) on your website for SUPER cheap, by yourself, with no professional help required whatsoever, and if you’re brand new to WordPress, how to set up a brand new empty website from scratch super securely (so that you can avoid the 1-click installation mistake that leaves you with a security risk).
I’m also adding a new Q&A video tutorial every month for the rest of 2015, so the earlier you get it on this awesomeness, the more you’ll get out of it for the same amount of money. Plus, you get 30 days of email support from me. It’s pretty fantastic, I’m not gonna lie. Check out the course here.